Monday, July 18, 2011

Mondays Aren't Always Blue...

With all of the hats I wear...mom, wife, editor, business owner, promotion and marketing director, author liaison, Blog Maven, review site owner, I get so busy, I don't stop and smell the roses. My biz partner Kate says I'm too busy looking for the bees who want to sting me. Thank you, sweetie.


Today, I slept in later than usual because I went to bed very late with some work stuff. And then opened up the 7+ email accounts I handle and I hit the ground running, sans any sort of stimulant to aid me, LOL. All good, I love what I do, but sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees on Monday.


Then I got an email in my author inbox...from a popular romance author...well, she wears as many hats, if not more, than I do, she ain't just an author (and you know who you are)! And she was writing to thank me for how nice I am to authors, how professional I am, and how I go out of my way to help authors promote.  

I almost cried. For her to take time out of HER busy Monday morning to say such uplifting things. THIS is why I love my job! I hang out with the best peeps ever!

2 comments:

  1. Whoever she was, she's very right. Withness my own confuzzlement this morning and your efficiency at sorting it out, we're luck to have such supporters on our corner, so Thais, Val.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,

    I am amazed everyday at what you do. We all appreciate it. So, if you want to stop and smell the roses, go ahead. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete